Pages

Monday, 8 February 2010

ADF Enterprise Methodology Group

Last December I visited the UK OUG conference at Birmingham, I focused my schedule on the ADF sessions en talks and saw some interesting stuff, but the peak for me was the discovery of the ‘ADF Enterprise Methodology Group’ via a round table session I attended at the conference.

So what is the aim of this group? Let me try to situate them a bit for you….

At the one hand you have the JDeveloper and ADF forum, the blogs, otn, and a lot of other websites which all help you to solve your technical questions en issues.

But me and my colleagues had some questions (more related to methodology and best practices) for which we didn’t found the answer and for which we didn’t found a forum to ask those questions. And that’s where the ‘ADF Enterprise Methodology Group’ comes into the picture. Here you can find very nice threads which try to solve all your other questions. Some examples:
  • Best Practice for Organizing Business Logic code for large applications
  • Back to the basic question: How big/ how small is my AM should be?
  • Best Practice for Organizing Business Logic code for large applications
  • AM pools, connections pools & ADF scalability
  • Design for Performance or Tune After development?
  • ADF Coding Standards 2010
  • How many ADF library versions on one WLS installation?
  • ADF Applications Hardware Sizing?
  • ...

So if you’re dealing with the same ‘ADF methodology‘ questions the ADF Methodology Google Group is the place to look for the answers…